« More minor changes to the AdSense control panel | Main | Changes made to AdSense channels »

February 02, 2005

Could AdSense direct deposits be around the corner?

One of the biggest things I hear from publishers is the desire for direct deposit, rather than snail mail (or UPS for those lucky publishers) check payments. It gets brought up in the AdSense forum on a very regular basis, however, I realize the huge logistical problems that could arise with direct deposits. If it was released to just US publishers first, all the publishers in every other country would be angry that their country wasn't included as well.

However, there are signs that direct deposit could be on the horizon. Google launched their referral program today. The most interesting thing I noted is they were accepting account details for direct deposit payments...

Could this be a sign of things to come for AdSense payments? Could this be the testing ground for direct deposits? It would be far easier to offer this to a small beta testing group than the how ever many number of thousands of US-based AdSense publishers there are.

This will be something to watch, especially as those earning referrals report back that they have successfully received payments via direct deposit for that program. We may see AdSense direct deposits yet!

Posted by Jenstar at February 2, 2005 11:26 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Could AdSense direct deposits be around the corner?:

» Could AdSense direct deposits be around the corner? - JenSense.com from ProBlogger
Jen at JenSense observes that the new referal program from Adsense seems to be set up to pay out using direct deposit. She hypothesizes that perhaps this is an indication that direct deposit payments might be coming. This would... [Read More]

Tracked on February 3, 2005 04:35 PM

Comments

I think they are working together with BFS in general for the next generation billing system for them to use, so I presume that this is the first fruit of this.

Posted by: Oliver Thylmann at February 2, 2005 11:55 PM

I noticed today they are no longer asking for banking details.

Posted by: Jenstar at February 3, 2005 05:28 PM

You mentioned the "AdSense forum"... I was wondering what the URL to it is? Thanks!

Posted by: Bill at February 3, 2005 10:22 PM

At WebmasterWorld, where I am the Google AdSense forum moderator. I have linked the entry to that forum now.

Posted by: Jenstar at February 4, 2005 03:05 AM

why no commentary on this thread?

Posted by: Mr.Bill at February 9, 2005 04:53 AM

This lack of direct deposit option -issue really bothers me. Why Google, the number one cutting-edge search engine, has to rely on banking practice that was cutting edge a couple of hundred years ago, when they could almost 100% automate the payments with direct deposits (and we all know how much the big G loves systems without human interference :) ).

Posted by: Jimbo at February 13, 2005 05:08 PM

I guess it's too much trouble to deposit in multiple banks. Why go through the trouble when you could issue a check and let the banking system take care of it?

Posted by: Migs at February 17, 2005 06:12 AM