« Google AdSense Bay Area Forum – March 16, 2005 | Main | Google AdSense withholds 28% of February earnings for tax purposes »

March 20, 2005

Flickr, Google AdSense & Yahoo Publisher Network

It has finally been confirmed that Flickr has been bought by Yahoo!, after a month or so of endless speculation. Caterina confirms this on the Flickr blog today.

The interesting part of this new relationship is that Flickr features Google AdSense ads on their site. It will be interesting to see if Flickr becomes a beta test site for the new Yahoo Publisher Network (YPN), as it would obviously not make sense for a Yahoo! owned property to continue running Google AdSense ads when they have their own competitive program available.

Posted by Jenstar at March 20, 2005 03:48 PM

Comments

ahh good catch. I hope they they just don't go for those flashing ads Yahoo has in groups. I hate those.

Posted by: Hashim at March 20, 2005 09:40 PM

Sadly, I saw this acquisition in the cards for Google and not Yahoo. I think Google missed out on this one...

This would have been the perfect compliment for their Picasa Photo Organizer software.

Agree or disagree?

Posted by: Fortino at March 21, 2005 07:52 AM

yeap, a missed oppertunity for google

Posted by: Toronto Student at March 27, 2005 02:42 PM

AdSense and Adwords completely sucks. Fact is, Google will drop your accounts the minute some idiot clicks on your ad 50 times. How does a website owner prevent this I ask them? They sent an email template not answering the question. They have no tools to prevent anyone from blasting clicks on a site, they don't provide a reasonable technical explanation and this goes for any honest website pubplisher. Its not fair, nor is it ethical. I hope the lawsuit clears the air and makes Google submit their httpd access logs. I already know of 45 publishers that they have done this to. Does anyone know of a solution other than Adwords that has reliable tools and a good ethical service?

Much Appreciated for having this blog site.

Thanks,

Cary

Posted by: Cary at April 10, 2005 07:38 AM

This time Yahoo! was first and smarter!

Posted by: Richardson Stephanie at September 27, 2005 01:06 PM