« YPN experiments with fluctuating number of ads per ad unit | Main | AdSense for Search now offers keyword reporting »

August 22, 2005

Google Desktop features AdSense stats update plugin

Google released their new sidebar for Google Desktop 2 today, and one of the features it has is the ability to add plugins. And one of the plugins released today is "AdSense Status"

View earnings information from your Google Adsense account in the Google Desktop sidebar. Available information: page impressions, clicks, page CTR, page eCPM, and your earnings.
adsensedesktop.gif

You can keep track of your updated AdSense stats via the new enhanced desktop. This is a feature (either integrated with desktop or the toolbar) that I have been requesting for some time, and it is nice to see it available with the new desktop release.

You can download the desktop here, then grab the AdSense Status plugin. Many more plugins are also available.

The Airbear Software, the author of AdSense Status also has a support forum for this plugin.

Update: AdSense changed their interface today, causing connection problems for users utilizing this plug in. A fix will be available very shortly.

Posted by Jenstar at August 22, 2005 09:03 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Google Desktop features AdSense stats update plugin:

» Google desktop 2 and Adsense Plugin from Blog's Blog

I was trying the new Google desktop, which I found very nice, I just didn't like that it shutdown firefox and msn messenger to get installed. Anyway,

[Read More]

Tracked on August 22, 2005 10:43 AM

» Google Desktop has AdSense Status Plugin from AdMoolah News and Views
Google just released a new version of their Desktop. This release adds a sidebar that goes on the desktop. For AdSense publishers, there is a plugin available that will show AdSense earnings. I personally won't be using the plugin since I use the ... [Read More]

Tracked on August 22, 2005 12:28 PM

» links for 2005-08-23 from Full Speed
Google Desktop features AdSense stats update plugin (tags: google desktop search adsense) What is section targeting and how do I implement it? (tags: google adsense optimization)... [Read More]

Tracked on August 23, 2005 07:19 AM

Comments

I wish there was an equivalent for Mac!

Posted by: Andrew Kaufmann at August 22, 2005 12:38 PM

Very cool feature... was the first thing I added to the sidebar.

Posted by: Jason at August 22, 2005 02:52 PM

Just installed the desktop app and the plugin, put in my data and got a "Connection Error" in the Adsense Status box. I had never used the google desktop app before, but its pretty spooky how it preloads some of my favorite xml feeds in the web clips area.. overall a cool tool tho.

Posted by: chrish at August 22, 2005 11:11 PM

Whoops just saw the update... waiting around for the fix.

Posted by: chrish at August 22, 2005 11:41 PM

We have just released the fix.

Web Site: http://www.airbearsoftware.com/adsensestatus

Direct download link: http://download.airbearsoftware.com/AdsenseStatusSetup101.exe

Posted by: Aaron Feuer at August 24, 2005 12:07 AM