« AdSense will fluctuate number of ads in an ad unit if it will make publishers more money | Main | Images above ad units & complying with the AdSense terms »

August 05, 2005

Look inside my YPN beta account with control panel screenshots

Yahoo has given me permission to show off some of the control panel features, so live vicariously through me and you can get a peek of what exactly is behind the login, even if you don't have a YPN account.

Here is the screen you see when you login (click all thumbnails to see the true to live screenshot size - this one you will need to scroll down on the screenshot to see the entire thing). You see your daily balance, your running totals, as well as various announcements. See the handy "Estimated as of..." under the daily total. Sorry, I have removed all my specific earnings data to be in compliance with the YPN terms.

scr.gif

And you will see this at the top of all your control panel pages, you can see the various tabs. I didn't include this in most of the screenshots to keep the size down.

scrtop.gif

If you are a new publisher, your next stop is going to be the Ad Setup tab. You can see how I ended up with two color templates named "jensense" that I mentioned in my first review of the YPN beta.

scr3.gif

And this is what you see when you click "Customize Color Palette". You can see the radio buttons I mentioned that have to be selected before modifying that particular color.

scr4.gif

And of course you can create channels - although only 50 active at a time. YPN offers both "tracking categories" (ala the custom channels that AdSense offers) and URL channels.

scr6.gif

And if you are so included to block any of your competitor's ads.

scr7.gif

Here is the reporting page, you can see exactly what metrics are included in your reporting page, and note the "Download Performance Report". Again, in compliance with the terms, I can't show you data, but all that is missing is the specific dates and figures.

scr5.gif

Here is payment screen, where it shows another of the unique features to YPN, the ability to transfer from YPN to the search marketing account. My login is different with the two programs, so you won't see specific details for transfering.

scr1.gif

Lastly, is the Content Setup tab, which shows some of the other product offerings from Yahoo! that publishers can utilize on their sites (albiet without any monetary compensation).

scr2.gif

The account information & tax information tabs are pretty standard, but I didn't include them since they have all my personal info.

I hope you enjoyed your tour of the YPN control panel :)

Posted by Jenstar at August 5, 2005 07:16 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Look inside my YPN beta account with control panel screenshots:

» Look inside Yahoo! Publisher Network from Blog's Blog

I'm linking two posts from JenSense in the same day because I think you'd like to make a tour visiting the new Yahoo! Publisher Network. Jen is offering this great tour with screenshots and comments about the first days using YPN.

Y
[Read More]

Tracked on August 5, 2005 10:17 AM

» More details of YPN from AdMoolah News and Views
JenSense has more details on the workings of the Yahoo Publisher Network. She has lots of screenshots to show. It looks like anyone who is comfortable with AdSense will have no problems switching over to YPN. Now they just need to approve my appli... [Read More]

Tracked on August 5, 2005 11:59 AM

» Szczegółowy wgląd w panel YPN from AdSense Obserwator
Jenstar opublikowała na swoim blogu JenSense szczegóły dotyczące wyglądu panelu zarządzania wydawcy Yahoo Publisher Network. Znajdziecie tam sporo zrzutów. Panel wygląda całkiem schludnie. ... [Read More]

Tracked on August 6, 2005 01:09 AM

» Dentro de Yahoo! Publisher Network from Blog Davilac.net
Nos encontramos en Jensense con imĂĄgenes del panel de control de Y!PN. Son interesantes especialmente imĂĄgenes de la personalizaciĂłn de colores de los anuncios o los informes, por ejemplo. ... [Read More]

Tracked on August 8, 2005 01:42 PM

» Yahoo Publishers Network Beta Account from Ka Webspy News and Journal
On the blog called Jensense, the author posted some screen shots of the control panel of the beta version of the Yahoo Publishers Network. The soon number 1 competitor of the Google Adsense Program. Just click here. ... [Read More]

Tracked on August 12, 2005 07:56 AM

» Yahoo Publisher Network (YPN) Review and Screenshots from Search Marketing for Small Business - Marketing Loop

JenSense blogged more details on the workings of the Yahoo Publisher Network (YPN). Yahoo has given permission to show off some of the control panel features. Even if you don't have a YPN account you can see many screenhots on the blog. Anyone ...

[Read More]

Tracked on August 14, 2005 08:17 PM

Comments

Wow, YPN Looks excellent. Looks comparable to AdSense. I think I like Googles Overview page a little more though, it isn't as clustered and seems to get straight to the point.

Thanks a lot for giving us a tour!

Posted by: Brian Benzinger at August 5, 2005 02:24 PM

Thank you for being gracious enough to share your experience, down to the screenshots. Thanks a lot.

Posted by: tmtb at August 5, 2005 05:42 PM

I wanted to echo the thanks from the others -- great job of filling us all in on what we were missing. Are the revenues thus far comparing favorably, negatively, or about the same as with Google?

Posted by: Andrew Kaufmann at August 7, 2005 06:53 PM

Features and interface very much similar to adsense. I think Adsense has all the features one could wish for so there was nothing new Yahoo could add, except transferring earnings to advertising account.

Posted by: Dhiram at August 7, 2005 09:27 PM

I am hyped about this, however its currently only open to US residents and I am in South Africa :(

Posted by: paul at August 13, 2005 07:37 AM

This looks cool! thanks for the pics.

Posted by: Jerry at August 14, 2005 05:49 AM

I wonder when will they open up for public. Thanks for pics. :)

Posted by: ek at August 14, 2005 05:56 AM

HI,

i want to see the ads. i didnt find any website serving the yahoo ypn ads. can anyone send me the link or screenshots of the ads how it looks like.

thanks