« Another guest appearance on SEO Rockstars | Main | New troubleshooting demo for AdSense publishers »

September 07, 2005

AdSense stat junkies be warned

AdSense will be doing some maintenance on Thursday, September 8, 2005 and stats won't be updating for six hours beginning at 12pm PST (aka "AdSense time") / -8 GMT. Of course, ads will continue to serve and you will see a nice jump in your earnings around 6pm PST.

The Inside AdSense blog also discusses this, and refers to AdSense stat junkies as suffering from G.A.S.S. - Google AdSense Stats Syndrome. Symptoms of GASS include the compulsion to check stats every 15 minutes to see how much more money has been made.

Sufferers face strong withdrawal when separated from a PC with Internet access and have been known to experience mild abdominal discomfort and general irritability.

Will I be suffering? Nope... I generally check my stats once or twice a day to check my daily earnings, although I may login more frequently for other reasons on occasion (such as getting a week's worth of channel data I am testing something on). How often do you check your stats and will you be suffering from GASS ;)

Posted by Jenstar at September 7, 2005 10:22 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference AdSense stat junkies be warned:

» Dont Panic! Adsense stats down for maintenance from The Blog Herald: more blog news more often
For stats junkies like me (I know many of you are!) Google Adsense is down for maintenance from 12 noon Thursday 8 September US PST and will be back up again at 6pm US PST. Don't panic though because ads will still be served and money made, you just wo... [Read More]

Tracked on September 8, 2005 12:22 AM

» Google Adsense pausiert für 6 Stunden from Arshur:Banipal

Leute mit G.A.S.S. - Google AdSense Stats Syndrome sollten sich heute vorsehen, da Google aus Wartungsgründen die sichtbaren Statistiken für 6 Stunden nicht aktualisiert.

Via

[Read More]

Tracked on September 8, 2005 02:30 AM

» Google AdSense Reporting Down Today Starting at 12 PST from Search Engine Roundtable
Just a warning that Google AdSense Reporting area will be offline today for about 6 hours starting at 12:00 PST time today, Thursday. Google notified everyone via a blog posting at the Inside AdSense blog under the cute title, Temporary... [Read More]

Tracked on September 8, 2005 06:05 AM

Comments

I use the adsense plugin for firefox so I am updated continually through the day.

Posted by: BankLocater at September 7, 2005 11:52 PM

I check my stats far to aften. The Firefox adsense plugin is a great little add on though. Now I don't have to login all I need to do is take a quick glance at the bottom of the browser window for up to date stats.

Posted by: Scott at September 8, 2005 09:23 AM

That plugin sounds cool. I need to get it.

Posted by: Christine at September 8, 2005 07:58 PM