« Inside scoop on making Chitika eMiniMalls AdSense & YPN compliant | Main | Weblogs Inc the latest AdSense Case Study »

October 13, 2005

Google AdSense advertising via Yahoo Publisher Network

While viewing this entry today, I was amused to discover that there was an ad for Google AdSense in my YPN ads.

adsenseonypn.gif

While seeing various Google ads in AdSense ad units is fairly common, you don't often see Google or Yahoo advertising in each other's PPC ad programs. So seeing an AdSense ad in the competitve Yahoo Publisher Network's ad units is pretty funny. Maybe we will see YPN in AdSense ad units next ;)

Posted by Jenstar at October 13, 2005 10:42 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Google AdSense advertising via Yahoo Publisher Network:

» Google AdSense Ads on YPN from Contextual Advertising Explained
Jenstar has discovered an ad for Google AdSense while viewing her blog. May be soon Yahoo Publisher Network ads will appear on Google AdSense too. Is Google trying to convert YPN publishers? Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find the ads when view... [Read More]

Tracked on October 13, 2005 08:39 PM

» Google Desperate? from boycottgoogleads.com
Nah, I really don’t think they’re hurting for business, but it is humorous that Google is seeking new publishers by advertising on YPN (see this Jensense article). And I myself just ran up on a YPN ad for Google print here…I fought ... [Read More]

Tracked on October 14, 2005 07:52 AM

» Google Ads via Yahoo from rogerd's notebook
A few days ago, the Jensense blog reported that ads for Google Adsense are running on the Yahoo Publishers Network, urging viewers to “Make Money on the Web with Google”. While the MarketingLoop blog speculates that perhaps Google was run... [Read More]

Tracked on October 17, 2005 08:45 AM

Comments

On that same page I just saw an advertisement for AdSonar on Google Ads.... crazy stuff.

Posted by: Gary at October 13, 2005 11:43 AM

Made me think of a question (and I did look to see if you had a F.A.Q.)- is it possible, and/or legal/ethical, to run two or more programs at once? For example an adsense section, a ypn section, and then the new microsoft ad app section?

Posted by: s at October 13, 2005 02:14 PM

In August I saw Google Print ads on YPN

Posted by: aaron wall at October 13, 2005 05:37 PM

Today is see that YPN has replaced their ads totally by Adsense ads! ;)

Spectacular !

Posted by: Bert at October 14, 2005 08:09 PM

I have seen yahoo.com ads in my adsense ads quite a few times.

The url is travel.Yahoo.com

For example, I can see now the ads on Lviv city travel:

Posted by: Serhiy at October 18, 2005 06:02 AM

But it can be an advertissement for a site promoting "ways to make money withe adsense" and not the google's adsense ?

Posted by: Belamdini at October 22, 2005 08:24 AM

And yes yes it's a google ad !

Posted by: Belamdini at October 22, 2005 08:36 AM

Guess what, I've seen ads on Chitika on AdSense too. I wonder who's getting the referral commission :)

Posted by: ZaimY at October 26, 2005 01:16 PM