« Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) out of beta for Google AdSense | Main | AdSense CPM ads affected by impression version of "smart pricing" »

October 04, 2005

Rotating AdSense & YPN

Since I began testing AdSense versus Yahoo Publisher Network, many people have asked how they can test themselves by rotating the two on their own sites. Here are three ways you can do this.

SeRoundtable has step-by-step instructions on using phpAdsNew to rotate the two. phpAdsNew is what I use to rotate ads here in JenSense. While these instructions were not online when I added mine, chances are I probably did the identical steps when I set it up myself.

Amr of Asfory Egypt Guide has instructions here on using a javascript wrapper to rotate the two, with instructions detailing exactly where to add your AdSense & YPN ad codes.

And Jeremy Schoemaker of Shoemoney has a little snippet that also rotates the two.

So if you have been accepted into YPN and are looking to rotate the two programs, using one of these options will allow you to do so and see for yourself which program monetizes best for your site.

Posted by Jenstar at October 4, 2005 09:58 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rotating AdSense & YPN:

» Rotate Google Adsense & Yahoo YPN Ads from Quick Online Tips
Jensense says that phpAdsNew is what I use to rotate ads here in JenSense. While these instructions were not online when I added mine, chances are I probably did the identical steps when I set it up myself. [Read More]

Tracked on October 5, 2005 04:54 AM

» Google AdSense vs. Yahoo! YPN Ads from 國二菜鳥忙裡偷閒
原來 AdSense 和 Yahoo! Publisher Network 是不能一起用的 @_@ 剛看到一篇文章,裡面提到 Google 的 Google AdSense 和 Yahoo! 的 Yahoo! Publisher Network 是不能同時出現在同一個網頁上的 (因為使用條款有限制)... [Read More]

Tracked on October 5, 2005 09:31 AM

» Using Blogware to rotate between Yahoo! Publisher Network and Google AdSense from Iggy Uncensored
Blogware support has stated that I couldn't implement rotation of these contextual advertisements do to the way their service works. This wasn't a big surprise to me. Since all the instructions I've seen indicate that you would have to be running or ha... [Read More]

Tracked on November 23, 2005 08:29 PM

» Adsense und YPN rotieren lassen from Webmaster / SEO Blog
Zwar gibt’s das Yahoo Publisher Network nur in den Staaten und auch dort nur als Beta, trotzdem ist es nur noch eine Frage der Zeit, bis es auch hierzulande anzutreffen sein wird. Auch Microsoft hat mit seinem AdCenter eine Alternative zu Adsense in ... [Read More]

Tracked on May 13, 2006 06:29 AM

Comments

Have you managed to track the clicks using phpAdsNew? I've been able to show ads using it but the tracking doesn't seem to work. Without tracking, it's like driving blind. You'll get somewhere but it may not be where you want to go.

Posted by: Hock at October 4, 2005 06:55 PM

What do Google and Yahoo think about this?

Posted by: Elliot Lee at October 5, 2005 01:24 AM

I made a substitution of Chitika code for Yahoo using the javascript generated byAsfory Egypt Guide. It worked too.

Posted by: Kathy Herrmann at October 5, 2005 04:06 PM