« Safeguarding yourself when purchasing a site for AdSense | Main | The AdSense Referrals Team is Listening.... »

March 06, 2006

Open call for MSN AdCenter accounts

If you are wanting an AdCenter account, yet haven't received an invite yet, they are having a three hour open call period today where you will be guaranteed a shiny new account.

The sign up period has just opened up and will be open until noon PST (3pm EST).

Of course, I am a little sad I will soon have more competition on my 5 cent clicks I have been receiving ;)

Update: It has been extended to 5pm PST.

Posted by Jenstar at March 6, 2006 09:08 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Open call for MSN AdCenter accounts:

» Open call for MSN AdCenter accounts from Agylen
Jenstar: “If you are wanting an AdCenter account, yet haven’t received an invite yet, they are having a three hour open call period today where you will be guaranteed a shiny new account.” Later… MSN adCenter does not curre... [Read More]

Tracked on March 6, 2006 12:34 PM

Comments

Is this a signup to place ads on the MSN adcenter network,(and spend money) or to be able place ads on your site and make money?

Posted by: Bruce Allen at March 6, 2006 10:27 AM

This one is for placing ads on the Microsoft network. I just signed up, and am very excited!

Posted by: Shaun Carter at March 6, 2006 11:14 AM

Yeah, I went to sign up, but then I ran into a bunch of problems that it wasn't accepting my browser in Firefox, then I tried IE -- which rejected me because it was version 7.0, so I had to use the user agent switcher in Firefox to finally get me to the page, then it asked for my credit card number and I don't want to be an advertiser, but a publisher, so I said screw it. All that to say, they may have a good program, but it will be some time before they actually get things rolling and have it very successful. I look forward to when Y!PN and AdCenter become larger competitors for AdSense.

Posted by: Jonathan D. at March 6, 2006 11:57 AM

Thanks for the tip Jen. I am looking forward to testing it out. :-)

Posted by: Web Professor at March 6, 2006 12:41 PM

had same problems as Jonathan.

Looks like they only want IE6 users as advertisers. As I'm a Mac using Firefox browsering guy I guess they don't want my cash. :-)

Posted by: Darren at March 6, 2006 02:08 PM

I'm a little upset about the browser requirements. I wanted to give it a shot and take a look around but none of my OS X browsers work, not even IE which Microsoft has conveniently discontinued. I guess Mac users are out of luck. Thanks Microsoft.

Posted by: Scott at March 6, 2006 02:08 PM

the ie only thingy is so ridiculous! But if they don't want my money they wont get it.

Posted by: Rick at March 6, 2006 03:51 PM

Isn't AdCenter what Looksmart calls their product?

Posted by: Rebecca at March 8, 2006 07:31 AM