« Google AdSense sued by woman who admits clicking her own ads | Main | Google Pack referrals go international »

September 07, 2006

Woman suing Google also claims they deleted her AdSense correspondence in Gmail

The woman who is suing Google is also filing an amended complaint (she sent me a copy of it) which also accuses Google of going into her Gmail account to delete all her correspondence she had with Google regarding her suspension from AdSense.

In her email to me, she voiced several complaints.

Google, Inc. provided me no means or method to reveiw advertisers placed on my site

Well, that is the sole purpose of the AdSense Preview Tool, which allows publishers the ability to see up to 12 ads that would appear on their site for all AdSense geolocations.

Google, Inc. failed to remove advertisers to whom I provided objections to Google, Inc. via their objections method

All publishers are able to block their own advertisers whenever they want. And they have plenty of documentation of just how you can do this.

All communications between Google, Inc. including the contract, were removed by electronic intrusion into my e-Mail account. In addition to all Google, Inc. communications removed, Google, Inc. removed all other third parties' communications to me that occurred during the same time period.

She claims that Google deleted her email from her Google GMail account, including all correspondence she had with Google AdSense team regarding her suspension from AdSense. Now, I am not familiar with the GMail team at Google, but I'd have a hard time believing this one. I have heard of GMail accounts being removed for TOS violations, but never emails within the account deleted by Google while the account remains active.

Steve Bryant has another good look at the new complaint as well, including the fact she also sued Yahoo because she claims they deleted her Geocities account (her former home of BravaCorp was at Geocities), as well as all her associated email accounts.

The lawsuit seeks $100,000 in damages to recoup 1,000 hours spent over 15 months designing bravacorp.com, which Bradley claims has 500 pages and graphics files in nine languages

I still don't think she has a leg to stand on if this goes to court. And it does show that Google is not always the "bad guy" when it comes to lawsuits being filed against them. This one is definitely without merit in my eyes.

Posted by Jenstar at September 7, 2006 06:19 AM

Comments

All she want is free publicity and some easy money.

I mean, why is she always talking about hours and months about the website content? Doesn't she have backups?

1000 hours during 15 months to build a website and an extra 100 hours just to add Adsense... She must have some lazy employes I say!

Posted by: Eduardo Maio at September 7, 2006 07:24 AM

I agree that is a ridiculous claim about the adsense suspension. The gmail claim freaked me out when I first saw it here, but when I saw she'd said the same thing about Yahoo I felt better.

Maybe she should put the effort she's wasting on lawsuits into making brava corp a successful venture LOL

Posted by: Robyn Tippins at September 7, 2006 09:36 AM

Not to mention, Google provides a browser plugin which allows you to click your ads without it counting against you. It is in the documentation! I bet if she would have emailed Google for support they would have explained how to use it.

Posted by: Catnabbit at September 7, 2006 02:03 PM

Just be careful she's not using you for free publicity Jen. I know you're not linking to her but others are.

Seems like she's either deluded or after publicity.

Posted by: Darren at September 7, 2006 10:18 PM

I've been with Adsense for over a year and I can't think of a single e-mail they deleted from my account..

Posted by: Scotia King at September 8, 2006 07:02 AM

As I said in my post, I looked into this woman's legal history. She's sued, quite literally, over a hundred people in the last few years. And she's her own lawyer, so it costs her very little to file lawsuits. I posted the second article on her because I wanted to demonstrate to readers that, recent sentiment about Google's click fraud problems aside, we should investigate the legitimacy of lawsuits before casting aspersions on Google.

The woman's a kook.

Posted by: Steve Bryant at September 8, 2006 08:58 AM

What's next. She says Google illegally listened to her defense with Google Talk.

Why is she using GMail is she does not like google?

Posted by: wentworth at September 8, 2006 09:11 AM

Why is she using GMail is she does not like google?

Posted by: wentworth at September 8, 2006 09:11 AM

i'll laugh if it turns out that all her missing emails really just went to page two of her gmail account.

Posted by: anon coward at September 10, 2006 08:10 PM